> Hi TBUDL'ers,

> Bayes Filter plugin v2.0.3 has stopped working. It was working fine,
> catching pretty much everything (I get like 50 spam msgs/day). After
> I edited the Whitelist exclusions list, it stopped and no messages are
> sent to the Junk folder now.

> I tried uninstall/reinstall (and training) but it didn't work. I
> believe there might be a bug related to where it stores it's database.
> The reason I say this is that my whitelist file was on a different
> drive than the other database files. I checked them and they are all
> pointing to The Bat! program folder but maybe it got lost somewhere
> else (registry?).

> The BayesIt filter that comes with TB! installation package doesn't
> work for me because it doesn't have an email whitelist feature.

> --
> cheers!
>  alien

Alien and all,

I had the same problem a while back but I fixed it. You have to be very careful
what you include in the whitelist file, especially if it's just text. For
instance, I had the line "TEXT: luxsci.com" in my file. What you need to know
is that this plug-in apparently searches *the entire header* for this text. My
e-mail provider happens to be luxsci.com. I wanted to whitelist any e-mail
coming from that domain. Unfortunately, the plug-in ends up whitelisting *any*
e-mails that have luxsci.com *anywhere* in the header. *All* my *own* e-mail
messages no matter who they were from had this string in them. Thus, *every
single e-mail* I received ended up being whitelisted. The appearance was that
the plug-in had stopped working entirely. Because of this I recommend only
putting *full* e-mail addresses in the whitelist such as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Hope this helps a bit.

--
Scott A. Blystone
Rochester, New York

The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.