Hello Tom,

On 09 September 2005, 07:17 you wrote:

>> You need to copy the certificate into your Address Book trusted CA
>> section.

> How do I do this? My address book has a "Certum CA Directory",
> "Netcenter Member Directory", and "Verisign", although I don't know
> what any of them mean and there's no info in the help file on them
> (I thought they had to do with LDAP for some reason, but don't know
> why I thought that now).

You should also see two red icons for "Intermediate CA" and "Trusted
CA" in your address book...

> Right-clicking gives me a menu where I can add new contacts or
> groups, but neither of those seem appropriate as I just want to add
> a certificate that says, "when you get this domainx certificate,
> it's ok if you're connecting to domainy."

However, whilst trying to replicate your issue (since my certificate
now matches the server name) I have experienced problems and cannot
get it to work permanently. Importing the certificate into the trusted
CA doesn't prevent the server hostname/certificate mismatch. Yet I do
recall having this working in the past.

Roelof says in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> that this isn't
possible. If so, I must have had a work-around. Yet the only thing I
can come up with is that I used the server IP and this matched the
dummy certificate first used by my server. However, I'm sure it used
something like localhost.localdomain and not the IP address, which
rules out that idea...

Anyway, what I suggest is you try this: you import the certificate
into you trusted CA and then change your mail settings to the server
listed in the certificate not pop.fancy.org (your MX record points to
mx.futurequest.net.) It may not be your domain name but that shouldn't
be important since your hosting company supports multiple domains on
its server(s.) It's your login that matters. Whilst I tested this
approach with one of my domains successfully it may not work for you.

Anyone else care to chip in?

--
As ever,
  .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

"How does a project get to be late? ...one day at a time." F BROOKS
IMAP Client: The Bat! Version 3.60.05 Forerunner (Beta)
IMAPS Server: Dovecot | OS: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)