Hello MFPA!

On Monday, October 24, 2005, 3:42 PM, you wrote:

>> Also, my tests may not be relevant enough for me to report them in a
>> note to 5222. What do you think?

> The common factor is that an inline PGP encrypted message
> containing just a URL does not decrypt as it should.

I have done some further testing and added a note to
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5222

One of the tests, reproducible in 5 tries for me, was:

1) Create a message to myself with nothing but a URL in the body text
2) From the Privacy menu choose "Encrypt when vompleted"
3) From the Privacy/OpenPGP submenu choose "Fncrypt entire text."

Result:

When I received my message, I clicked on the Decrypt button. The
encrypted message remained visible and a Decrypt Tab appeared to the
left of the body text. When I clicked on that, I received a Windows
notification box that said:

"No application is associated with the specified file for this
operation."

Since this behavior occurred using beta 3.62, I am CCing this report
to TBBETA.

My supporting note to your BT note at
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5222
describes the above behavior.

I cannot reproduce the blank body text, upon decryption, in beta v.
3.62, when I simply check the box "Encrypt when completed," using
in-line OpenPGP.

But it is abnormal to get a Decrypt tab that won't function when I add
"Encrypt entire text" to the mix.

Mary
The Bat! 3.62 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2