Hi

OK I'm a complete newbie to IMAP, sorry.

I've grasped the concept of all messages being located on the remote
server, in my case my ISP, and I've made the connection and seen it
work. Very cool to see a new message immediately appear in the Inbox.

So, if I want to keep a message on the local PC I guess I can copy the
message from the remote Inbox to a local folder.

But, do I create the local folder as part of the IMAP account or do I
create a 'Common Folder' or a 'Virtual Folder'.

If someone can give me some pointers I'm sure I'll get to grips with
it.

And how does the likes of BayesIT deal with remote spam?

Oh, I'll have to go another message has popped up!! :)

--
Best regards
Barry