> On Thursday, November 17, 2005, 4:56:24 PM, Marten Gallagher wrote:

>> HOWEVER... at an unspecified time in the not too recent past, this
>> seems to have changed and the FROM address is always
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the signature(s) are always that which is
>> set for the [EMAIL PROTECTED] ACCOUNT FOLDER templates.

>> Sorry to be so long-winded...

> Not long winded, just more complete and explicit.

> I created a common folder and populated it with some messages. Gave
> the folder an indentity. Created a reply to one of the messages, which
> used the reply template from the proper account. I readdressed the
> reply to one of my accounts, and sent it. It showed up in the sent
> folder of a different account than the identity account, but when I
> got it back it had all the right headers. It was labeled as from the
> chosen account, and had the correct reply to address.

> I think that means that I was unable to recreate the problem you
> described, and I think what I tried parallels what you are trying to
> do? (I did all this in POP, not in IMAP)

So - just to double-check:

the email was in a COMMON FOLDER which had its own identity?

you created a reply to it?

the created email acquired (before sending) the FROM NAME, FROM ADDRESS,
REPLYTO ADDRESS as set in that
COMMON FOLDER's identity?

Any signature set for that COMMON FOLDER template was acquired by the created
reply before
sending)?

Do you have an account set as the default for mailto URLs?

--
Marten Gallagher
Annery Kiln Web Design