Hello Marten!

On Friday, December 02, 2005, 3:30 AM, you wrote:

> 'Wait for the next release?' Indeed, but in order to restore the
> functionality of templates I have had to go back to a version in
> which the connection centre download is broken such that it hangs -
> can I expect that in the next full release that templates will
> function correctly, downlaod centre won't hang forcing nine or ten
> Task Manager kills a day, but instead the send function won't but it
> won;t matter because not everyone sends, some people just receive?

I do agree with your point of view, and I have said so on TBBETA in
connection with other issues when the developers would put out a
version as a Full Release before giving the beta testers adequate
opportunity to check out the most basic features, even.

That behavior--others on TBBETA complained, also--has since improved.
But the developers still maintain their basic right (which I don't
dispute) to put out a full release without waiting to hear from every
possible beta tester (pragmatically impossible, anyway. :) )

I know that philosophically what I'm going to suggest below may be
distasteful to you. But, again, speaking pragmatically:

One can subscribe to TBBETA without committing to be a beta tester. I
did that myself, and lurked there for some time before signing up to
be a tester. One may also post there without being a beta tester.

So, for pragmatic reasons only, I suggest that you subscribe to TBBETA
and post this concern there. In that way, you could get further notes
added to your BT issue report, besides Marek's, because many very
knowledgeable TB! users subscribe only to TBBETA.

Further, the developers are actively reading TBBETA right now, as they
develop and fix the current beta series, which is looking toward the
full release of TB! v. 3.63.

I am not sure if any of them are reading TBUDL at this time, or not.

Just a thought, Marten. But I do wish you'd consider doing this. :)
In my opinion, full release 3.62.14 is flawed in enough ways that it's
understandable if a beta tester mistakenly still calls it a beta.
(That was its number when it *was* a beta.) :(

That said, I want to go on record that v. 3.62.14 worked
satisfactorily for me and I so reported on TBBETA. I have only one
common folder, which is the one where I keep Bug Tracker
notifications, and I never Send from it.

Mary
The Bat! 3.63.06 (Beta) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2