Hello Paul,

 On Sunday, December 4, 2005, 5:18:36 AM, which was 12:52:59 PM
where I am, you wrote:

PB> Is there a better way to recover from this?

PB> When downloading mail, it stopped on the last email, so I forced exit
PB> from Task Manager.
I have had to do this regularly. Most annoying.
I have unchecked "Check Mailbox at Startup" and when I want to
download mail, I now do it via  "Account" "Dispatch Mail on Server".
So far, anyway, that avoids me having to use Task Manager.

PB> Then The Bat would open but not respond.
Fortunately, for me, it's never gotten that bad.

--
Regards,
Maurice

Using The Bat! 3.62.14 on Windows XP Pro
 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2