Hello Thomas,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 you wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

TF> TB does not delete messages from the message base when you
TF> "delete" them by any which way ever. TB only flags them as deleted in
TF> the messages.tbi file, and this has the effect that they won't be
TF> shown any more in your message list. They will stay in the message
TF> base (messages.tbb) until you "compress".

Yes, I realise that now with both you and Roelof telling me but I have,
in the past, used my alternate delete method "mark as deleted" and then
gone to "browse deleted messages" and there was nothing there. That's
why I thought things were fully deleted. Why they weren't there at that
particular time I don't know. I hardly ever use "browse deleted
messages" as I hardly ever delete a message I find I do actually want
and the alternative "Mark as deleted" is for "I agree" messages and
other trivia.

As already said, I do a daily maintenance, but not until in the middle
of the night, so that's not the reason I missed the messages. Maybe I
did something wrong and didn't realise it or maybe it's one of those
'one time' glitches. Qhatever it is I've now learnt that all TB!
messages are still available, whatever deletion method is used, thanks
to you and Roelof.

--
Regards,
Richard