Hello Kitty,

am Samstag, 24. Dezember 2005 um 22:19 schriebst du:

> So to restore the old mail I copied over my attachments folder and
> mail folder that I kept a copy of.  TB now hangs and won't run.  So
> the problem clearly relates to the old mail folders.

I had the same trouble here when the new V.3x was out. TB refused to
work, caused cascading AVs and froze my computer. It only could be
finished by Taskmanager, meanwhile it consumed 99% of the system
resources. It took quite a while to get rid of the problem. In my case
the folder maintenance didn't find anything to repair, but obviously
something was wrong.
I finally figured out that it was a big mail attachment I received via
TB's function "split mail if size is above xxx" -it could not be
displayed correctly and at startup TB caused the crash by trying to load
the folder. That was a mean mistake, because it takes a started bat to
delete the culprit. I took a good old working bat version (2.xsomewhat)
and deleted the entire folder. After some restarts of my machine, TB
wanted to take off again. It was hard work, however, to get the folder
structure back. Good luck!

--
Viele Grüße
Charlene Ferrara