Hi Roland,

On Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 1:52:12 PM, you wrote:

RB> is it possible to import addressbooks and mails from Thunderbird and if
yes, how?

I made the conversion a few months ago from Thunderbird. Basically the key
thing to understand about importing the mail is that Thunderbird uses the UNIX
mailbox format for all of its mail folders which means that TB can import these
without any fiddling. So to load a particular mailbox:

1.  First find your Thunderbird mail folder, mine is stored in: C:\Documents
and Settings\P_Meathrel\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\tbq54l3b.default\Mail. Please bear in mind that this
is on a Windows XP machine. Make a note of this location because we will need
it later.

2. In TB create a folder which will hold the newly imported folder from
Thunderbird.

3. Highlight the new folder from the folder tree.

4. From the Tools menu select Import Messages -> From UNIX Mailbox format and
then browse to the location we identified in step 1. Now select the filename
which is the same as the name of the folder you wish to import. Note: there are
two files for each folder in Thunderbird - one has a .msf extension and the
other has no extension. The one we need is the one without an extension.

After we've selected the folder we should get a message saying something like
10 Messages converted. The folder we created earlier should now have the same
messages as the corresponding folder in Thunderbird. I used this method
successfully and never had a problem in converting my folders. Let me know if
you need further help or if my instructions don't make sense.

--
Warmest regards,

Paul
Created using TheBat! 3.64.01 Christmas Edition on Windows XP