Hello Barry,

B> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:33:56 -0500, MikeD (2) wrote:
B>
>> Well I have never dug into it quite that deeply, but it sounds like
>> those files are only used for calculating stats, not for the actual
>> filtering, so their not being around should not cause a filter issue.
B>
B> Mike, I think we may be at crossed purposes here. :)

I wasn't sure ... when you said no spam I thought maybe you meant it
wasn't catching any <g>

B> My filtering is working very well. I use whitelist and blacklist
B> extensively and this seems to be the best approach.

B> I just sometimes look at the stats for interest and was surprised to see
B> that Bayesit was reporting 'nil' spam! This got me thinking and that's when
B> digging deeper I noticed the apparent issue with the 'stat.bin' file?

Ahh, I get it now.  My explanation of the behavior of the '~' file is,
I think, still correct.  As to why you are not seeing any spam
filtering, if you your black and white lists are doing was much as you
say, I think that means that not much mail is getting to the actual
BayesIt filter to be counted.  Having said that, would have expected
some info there.  I can send you a copy of my stat.bin if you think
that might help.  Or uninstall / reinstall the plug in might help.  My
stat.bin is a binary file, so there may be a required structure for it
to be recognized as a valid stat file.

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.65 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 2