G'day Roelof,

> Hallo Bob,

> Close TB and delete the account.m_r and account.m_d files matching
> with the problem account. When you're using OTFE the extensions are
> .emr and .emd
> I'm not sure whether this solves the problem so I'd appreciate some
> feedback, but unless you keep mail on the server (and you deleted
> everything) you don't really need them.

Thanks MAU, Roelof and Maurice for your suggestions.  I gave up in
frustration last night (prior to your replies), shut the computer down
and went to bed. This morning on re-booting The Bat! successfully
downloaded all the messages (including the one with the very large
attachment) that both my ISP web-mail interface and PocoMail had
reported as already having been deleted from my account.  I have no
idea how or what happened, but it is now resolved.  I have "politely"
suggested to my friend that I would prefer not to receive his large
mass mailings in future.

Sorry Roelof that I can't be the guinea-pig to test the effects of
deleting the account.m-r and account.m-d files :-) .
--
Bob Mo®®is
Saturday, 21 January 2006