If I use OE on a new ISP dialup number, I can set the properties for
My Server Requires Authentication ... and I can send email.

When I try this with TB! I get an error back from the server that
whatever_domain I am sending TO: is not a gateway ... in other words
they do not see me as authenticated and thus are blocking port 25
relay's.

I have tried every combo of settings covering SMTP in account
properties. I put in my email address and account password and still
get the following variations on a failure theme.

First the TB packet capture then the OE!

__________________TB___________________________________
220 mail.wherever.net (IMail 8.21 2617-12) NT-ESMTP Server X1
EHLO 958.popsite.net
250-mail.wherever.net says hello
250-SIZE 0
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-AUTH LOGIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN
250-EXPN
250 STARTTLS
MAIL FROM:<my_account> SIZE=554
250 ok
RCPT TO:<my_gmx.net>
550 not local host gmx.net, not a gateway
RSET
250 ok its reset
RSET
250 ok its reset
QUIT
221 Goodbye
 And Here's one from OE I just now sent to the gmx account

220 mail.wherever.net (IMail 8.21 3037-19) NT-ESMTP Server X1
EHLO localhost
250-mail.wherever.net says hello
250-SIZE 0
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-AUTH LOGIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN
250-EXPN
250 STARTTLS
AUTH LOGIN
334 Stuff
334 More stuff
235 authenticated
MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
RCPT TO: <my_gmx_account.net>
250 ok its for <my_gmx_account.net>
DATA
354 ok, send it; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>

and it sends the rest out.

Regards,
Robert D.

 Current beta is 3.70.03 &quot;Qigong&quot; | 'Using TBBETA' information:

Regards,
Robert D.
:flag-us-ky:
The Bat! Version: 3.70.02 Qigong(Beta)