> Hello David,

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:30:19 -0600 GMT (19/01/2006, 23:30 +0700 GMT),
> David Huber wrote:

DH>> I changed nothing - the errors just started happening.

> That's what they always say. And the vase started to swing left and
> right by itself, until it fell on the floor and broke. I didn't do it,
> I swear. (My apologies. SCNR, as they say.)

DH>> And I'm running WinME (ARGHH!!!!).

> I find that quite brave.

DH>> Though for some reason, today, I'm not getting any of these errors
DH>> and it seems to have self-corrected.

> These self-correcting ones are the worst to track down.

DH>> The error message came up in a little window and all it said was
DH>> "Error: Unable to insert a line" with an "okay" button to click.

> This error message doesn't mean much, without knowing where that line
> was attempted to be inserted.

DH>> I wonder if one of the emails on my server could have been causing
DH>> a problem?

> Yes, there was a version which made TB crash when the RFC-headers of
> an incoming mail were faulty in a certain way. Which TB version are
> you using?

DH>> It would have gotten deleted this morning in the daily purge of
DH>> emails (which I leave on the server for a day after I download).
DH>> Or maybe not.

> Yes, that could be it.

DH>> Thanks for answering! Not sure if this line of questioning is
DH>> worth pursuing any more unless that message comes back.

> If you experience the same again, let us know. Maybe you have a
> possibility to forward this mail before deleting it, so we can dissect
> the headers.

> I haven't had this problem for a fewe versions now, though.

Another thing to try if you ever get the error again - disable the e-mail
scanning option on your anti-virus if you have one and it is set to scan
e-mail. I can't remember the exact error text, but it sounds like the same
error I used to get. There was a problem between my anti-virus (Trend
PC-cillin) and The Bat! It used to work fine, then one day errors started to
appear, mainly when I sent e-mails from memory. I suspect it was probably a
signature or engine update on PC-cillin that caused the problem (I had
PC-cillin set to automatically update every 12 hours). Anyway, whatever the
problem, PC-cillin and The Bat! just don't like each other, so I've had to
disable the e-mail (both incoming and outgoing) scan options in PC-cillin. No
more errors at least.

--

Chris