Hello Neal,

NL> Hey Jack,

>> I use AVG also and have never had any trouble with it. No viruses have
>> infected my machine (AFAIK) but, AVG has never told me it intercepted
>> a virus. Which makes me wonder... Anybody know a way to test the
>> functionality of whatever AV is being used?

NL> The only time I see it come to life is updating itself and then if
NL> something bad opens up in the OS. When it detects "naughtiness" it
NL> will pop up a very ugly ogre (or troll) and tell you something's
NL> amiss. But when using the AVG plugin for TB! it will just send it to
NL> the Quarantine folder, where they will happily sit until you delete
NL> them. Usually I don't have TB! mark them as READ so I can have some
NL> feedback when something's detected.

Forgive me for taking the lazy man's way of getting this info but what
is "the AVG plugin for TB!" I downloaded AVG from their website and
installed it on my machine. It seems to be running as I occasionally
see the AVG update box letting me know it's updating it's virus
library. Your statement regarding a plugin for TB! implies I should
have done something from within TB! to make fuller use of AVG. Should
I have? and if so, what?

 Jack                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now running TB! v3.65.03 from
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 2