Hallo Robert,

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:35:43 -0500GMT (3-3-2006, 22:35 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

RF>  So after I close out of the Bat, I have no new messages and the next
RF>  time I try it starts to download all the old ones again that got
RF>  deleted from the first time

It looks like you're trying to download a virus infected message that
your virus scanner intercepts when TB stores it in your temp
directory.
Because the message gets intercepted, TB can't download it and the CC
gets hung. Because the CC hangs the connection with the server isn't
terminated as it should and the server doesn't delete the messages TB
marked to be deleted on the server. So far not good but
understandable.
Try to check your mail with the dispatcher:
  Account -> Dispatch mail on server -> All messages
The dispatcher offers you a way to communicate 'manually' with the
server. Select all messages you've already downloaded to be deleted on
the server, do the same with the first message you didn't download
properly, as it's likely that that's the culprit.
When you're done logoff from the server and make TB collect the mail
again and see whether it goes fine.
The only thing that could troubles in this scenario is that you might
have set TB to collect mail immediately on startup, when you've done
so try to cancel mail collection or configure TB not to do that
anymore:
  Account -> Properties -> Options -> Check mailbox at start-up

--
Groetjes, Roelof

When you go to the market, use your eyes, not your ears.

The Bat! 3.71.03
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM