Hello Robbie Margolis & everyone else,

on 05-Mai-2006 at 05:53 you (Robbie Margolis) wrote:

> It seems that it is impossible to correctly export files in mass from
> the bat to Outlook and Eudora. This can be done one file at time with
> ease, but doing 20,000 e-mails is no easy task and so far every
> suggestion has failed. I tried exporting everything by selecting all
> the files to *.eml to go into Outlook Express, but unfortunately after
> about 500 files it timed out and the bat froze.

I just exported all messages in my TBUDL folder to .EML files without
problems (about 1400 messages). I can then mark them in Explorer and
drag them to Outlook Express, without problems either. TB certainly
looks as if it hangs for a moment, but it completed the export job just
fine.

> There has to be a quality method to do this. I can't believe a program
> so robust as the bat does not have this feature built in. People have
> all sorts of reason for exporting and it does not seem to be an
> unreasonable expectation.

TB offers exporting to all "major" formats (and I beg your pardon if I
dare say that it is not a daily task to mass import/export entire
message bases from one program to another), the most important one being
the Unix mailbox format. You can't blame TB if other programs that you
want to import the messages to don't support this format.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

Room service? Send up a larger room. -- Groucho Marx