Hello vitalie,

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:01:08 +0300 GMT (02/06/2006, 01:01 +0700 GMT),
vitalie vrabie wrote:

vv> sure, many universities do have this for at least a decade. but
vv> not so many graduates do indeed figure out how to provide this
vv> *commercially* and be able to make a living. :)

True, but not my point. I just wanted to say that our IT department
does have some good sides.

They also just blocked port 25. I cannot send with TB from my home
computer anymore when I'm connected via the university. Probably
another security measure, but it makes the free dial-up pretty
useless.

vv> Voyager's target market is, let's be honest, by far not only
vv> undergraduates in academic environments. what are the chances that
vv> someone on travel will go to some university lab and not to a
vv> simple cafe to do emailing?

I agree with you on this.

--

Cheers,