Hello Mike,
  A reminder of what Mike Dillinger typed on:
  Thursday, June 15, 2006 at 17:31:57 GMT -0700

MD> Is there a way to change the character at the beginning of a
MD> reply line (">")?  Perhaps disable it or use a different character?

I'm not aware of being able to change the > sign, but you can show the
persons name or initials as I have here. If you go to
Account/Properties/Templates/Reply/Sender Information Used for
Quotation.

 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Using The Bat! v3.81.04
 On Windows XP 5.1 Build #2600