Hello Richard,

Monday, September 4, 2006, 8:38:55 AM, you wrote:

Richard> Hello Granville,

Richard> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 you wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

GC>> I am with ISP Orange. It used to be Freeserve, then Wanadoo and now
GC>> Orange. Recently I have not been able to control messages on the
GC>> server via The Bat!. I have The Bat! configured to 'Delete messages
GC>> from server when it is removed from trash'. This is no longer working.
GC>> I have looked at the settings on the Orange server. Is this the way it
GC>> is now or is there some setting I can adjust on The Bat! in order to
GC>> manage my mail as I used to?

Richard> I'm with Orange, as it is now, too have the same Trash setting. I have
Richard> always assumed that deleting from Trash means deleting from server but,
Richard> having just done a check, I see it's not the case. I even lowered my
Richard> trash maximum message number, did a full maintenance (which is
scheduled
Richard> every night anyway) and still get the same number of messages on the
Richard> server.

Richard> Orange is deleting all the messages after the "number of days to leave
Richard> on server" setting. Strange.

Richard> --
Richard> Regards,
Richard> Richard

Richard> | The Bat! 3.81.18 RC2. POP3 account & AntispamSniper plug-in
Richard> | Windows XP (build 2600), version 5. 1 Service Pack 2
Richard> | F-Prot AV, Outpost Firewall Pro, Spysweeper, Adaware, SpyBot

Richard> Holiday in France: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/lazyhomes/holiday.html

Richard> ________________________________________________
Richard> Current version is 3.80.06 | 'Using TBUDL' information:
Richard> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Yes, what a pain. I thought with time and increased knowledge things
would get more easy. Well Orange have definately made this opperation
more troublesome. Now I have to log onto their server everyday and
detete the messages manually. I need to do this because the volume of
spam mails builds up quite quickly. I run K9 on my computer and it
works fine. Can anyone think a a solution to this problem with Orange?

Granville.

--
Love and Light,
 Granville                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]