   ***^\     ."_)~~
 ~( __ _"o   Was another beautiful day, Sat, 16 Sep 2006,
   @  @      at 22:18:16 +0100, when MFPA wrote:

> On Sunday 10 September 2006 at 8:55:49 PM, in
> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Susanne wrote:

>> Do I have to go back to NAV?

> Entirely up to you.
> Never used NAV but heard plenty bad stories about it.
> Could not get on with AVG but my sister loves it.
> Nod32 came highly recommended, requires no plugin, works well for
> me (although its scanning slows the system noticeably).

And while I am still in the mood to give some help around...

AntiVir doesn't need any plug-in too (so you don't have to bother
yourself with it, and related problems), for it will check all and
everything dealing in any way with the machine (http, ftp, mail,
`ordinary' files and so off).

It is free (like in `free beer') for personal use.

It is (now) faster than NOD32, and slows nothing down.

If a `bad' mail is trying to enter, AntiVir will block this particular
message (no entire message base will be blocked) and will ask you what
to do with it. When it is solved it will allow further download of the
mail.

Internet update is very fast.

You just have to download new whole version every 5 or six months, since
this is the period of time the (free) licence is valid. The file is
about 12 MB.

It is very easy for handling, easier than AVG and many other AV
programs.

Once you set it up, you forget it. Silent and dangerous.

Very good for beginners, but for much more experienced ones too.

The home page is... I can't recall and there anyway is nothing special
on it.

Full name of the program is Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic.

Direct link for download is:
<http://dl7.avgate.net/down/windows/antivir_workstation_win7_en_h.exe>

It has a nice red umbrella, that can be open and closed, squatting on
the system's tray. (I'd prefer a dark yellow, but whatever...)

Happy anti virusing.

- --
Mica
 ~~~ For personal mail please use my address as it is *exactly* given
     in my "From" field, otherwise it will not reach me. ~~~
GPG keys/docs/software at: http://blueness.port5.com/pgpkeys/
                           http://tronogi.tripod.com/pgp/pgpkeys/
[Earth LOG: 670 day(s) since v3.0 unleashing]
OSs: Windows 98 SE Micro Lite Professional IVa Enterprise Millennium
     Windows XP(ee) Micro Lite Professional 1.6, Gentoo & Vector ~ Wine