Hi

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 at 12:01:21 AM, in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, MAU wrote:

> Not sure but I think that compress on exit does just that, compressing
> (i.e. getting rid of the space used by deleted messages). While for
> manual maintenance he is probably doing Purge (delete old messages) and
> Compress.

One of my folders is set to both remove old messages and to
compress on exit, the rest just to compress. The other folders do
not have any maximum number or age of messages set.

For comparison I had that folder set just to compress on exit and
the manual maintenance had the compress box ticked and the other
three blank.

The only thing I can think is that some folders may not be set to
compress on exit but I thought they all were. Does not explain the
"on exit" compression leaving some of the deleted messages behind
in folders that definitely should be compressed on exit, though.

MFPA

Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else

Using The Bat! v3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1