Claude,

Right now, the overall accessibility of TB has really declined because of
the GUI toolkit being used. All I can suggest doing with Window-Eyes to make
the message list read better is to assign a trigger delay of about 1 second
to your up and down arrows, home, end, and delete key. Make sure that your
delay comes before the "speak current line" command when reassigning how
Window-Eyes handles these keys. If not, you might end up with that horrid
double-speaking of messages when moving through the list.

I've also found that a few controls can safely be reclassed, but here, you
must be careful. For instance, buttons reclass successfully, as do edit
fields. However, checkboxes will not read their current state regardless of
what you do. When tabbing through some dialogs after reclassing all of the
controls I could locate, I have seen TB crash and burn along with a WE hang
up. I can only guess that Window-Eyes is polling a control in a way in which
it was never designed.

It's by far the most powerful E_mail client out there, but until Ritlabs
acknowledges its significant blind user base, we can only speculate until
they do something about the Windows controls they use for TB.

If you like, I can send you some sets I made last year off list. They aren't
stellar, but they may help make TB more usable with WE.

Best Regards,
Steve