Hallo Alexander,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:47:21 +0100GMT (5-12-2006, 21:47 , where I
live), you wrote:

>> In older versions a reference to the respective ISP is used.

ASK> Hmmm. I'd regard that as problematic just as well. My IP address is
ASK> dynamic and has nothing to do with the mail relayer that is set for my
ASK> domain. A reverse lookup in the HELO state would fail.

But still it's what it's supposed to do. The EHLO should give a domain
name that identifies the client system.
On your LAN to your local mail server that can be your computer name,
as it's likely that that will point to the right computer (it does on
my LAN), but when you're talking to something else you should give a
domain name or a literal address.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Sometimes, when it's quiet, you can hear the brain cells die. --- SLR
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.86.8 ALPHA (beta)
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM