On Thursday, December 21, 2006, 14:01:38, Stephane Bouvard (ML) wrote:

>> Why do you need a 64bit version?
> Because it should be much optimised with a 64 bits OS and hardware.

There won't be a difference. 64bit makes sense on programs that do intensive
computations, or that need large quantities of memory. The Bat does neither
of that (on my computer it's current memory usage is 126MB, and it needed 73
seconds of CPU time in 9 hours - 0,2% on average).

> I have 4Gb memory, thus i use the 64 bits version of Vista, actualy
> TheBat is still 32 bits and thus run in the WOW64 emulator of Vista...

It's not running in emulator, it's running natively in 32bit mode, just like
every other 32bit program on a 64bit OS.

--
< Jernej Simonèiè ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Much work, much food; little work, little food; no work, burial at sea.
       -- Cook's Law