Hallo Costas,

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 09:34:54 +0200GMT (25-12-2006, 8:34 , where I
live), you wrote:

CP> I  would  like  to  not  just  delete  the  present  entries  from the
CP> addressbook,   but  to  really  remove  them  from  the  file  (purge,
CP> compress).  Is  there  a  simple  way  to  do this other than, say, by
CP> copying a "clean" addressbook to my current working directory, which I
CP> could take from a fresh installation of The Bat?

You can either create a new AB, you don't to take that from a fresh
install or you delete all superfluous entries from your and then you
create a backup from your AB and restore it. (Backup and restore an AB
has the effect of a compress action)

--
Groetjes, Roelof

[EMAIL PROTECTED], my hard drive crash ate my Tagline File...
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.95.5
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM