Hello MFPA,

> Here, one Yahoo account that doesn't send via localhost has the
> following:-

> SMTP server     smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

> Perform SMTP Authentication (RFC 2554)    CHECKED

> Same user/password as for mail retrieval  SELECTED

> Connection         Regular

> Port               25

yup :-) that did the trick

this is what yahoo is telling me to do:

> Server Settings
> Incoming Mail Server (POP3):  pop.mail.yahoo.com
>
> Use SSL, port: 995
> Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):  smtp.mail.yahoo.com
>
> Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

if I do what they say, it doesn't work.
if I do what you say, it does work.

Next time I just ask you

 Jürgen
:eu-flag3: :de-bw: :safaribears:

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution,
then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological
reproduction." -Judith Hayes

Using The Bat! v3.95.8
  Firefox 2.0 on WinXP Home v2600 SP2

* PGP key available on request: send mail with subject PGP key request