Good afternoon Roelof,

It was foretold that on 8/5/2007 @ 16:59:22 GMT+0200 (which was
11:59:22 where I live) Roelof Otten would write:

<snipped a bit>

RO> My smtp setting for gmail are:

RO> SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
RO> Connection: Secure to dedicated port (TLS)
RO> Port: 465
RO> Authentication:'Perform SMTP Authentication'  and  'Same user/password
RO> as for Mail Retrieval' selected and nothing else.

Mine are:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Connection: Secure to regular port (STARTTLS)
Port: 587
Authentication:'Perform SMTP Authentication'  and  'use specific
settings'

Might seem strange but initially i had problems sending mail and
fiddled with the settings... after 3 days, out of the blue, gmail
decided to go along with it and works fine now. Seems gmail needs some
time to think about it ....

HTH

 Luc
 http://www.dzinelabs.com