On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:06:36 +0000
Doug Higby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Try this: While the USB stick with Voyager is connected, open IE
> > (yes, Internet Explorer) and go to Tools / Internet Options /
> > Programs. There, see whether you can set the program for Mail to
> > Voyager.
>
> No, only three options, none of which is Voyager.

This is a bit as expected, as I believe IE looks in the registry for
email programs. Voyager isn't supposed to announce its presence in the
registry. The reason is that the concept for Voyager is to be a travel
tool, and you won't want to fiddle with the registry of the host system.

> > Understood, and it is an interesting experience. What would happen
> > if a mailto: is called while the stick with Voyager is not
> > connected?
>
> It would fail to automatically send the mail.  Something it does now
> *all* the time, since I don't use any other email client.  But at
> least it wouldn't open up Outlook ((shudder)).

Well. There was a question recently (not sure whether it was on this
list or on TBBETA) why Ritlabs develops two programs in parallel, The
Bat! and Voyager. I think this answers the question. ;-)

--

Cheers,

Thomas.