On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 at 10:16:31 GMT, Barry wrote:> On 12/02/2008 09:43:46,
Robin Anson wrote:

>> It is a function of TB, but it looks from the above as though it is
>> not correctly formatted in the original message itself. To check,
>> highlight the message and then press CTRL-SHIFT-K to show the
>> headers. Then find the header that starts with "Date:",  copy the
>> entire line and paste in an email for us to see.  The format should be
>> Date: DDD, DD MMM YYYY HH:mm:ss ZZZ
>
> Date: 11-Feb-2008 15:42:09 CET
>
> So how does this compare with your template?

It should read something like:
Date: 11 Feb 2008 15:42:09 CET

A more complete specification for the date syntax can be found in RFC 2822 (the
Internet
message format standard). In summary, it allows for:
   * optional day-of-the-week (3 character) followed by a comma
   * 1 or 2 digit day number
   * 3 character month name
   * 4 digit year (although it allows for the obsolete 2 digit year
      form)
   * 2 digits each of hour, minute and seconds, separated by ":"
   * Timezone expressed as + or - followed by 4 digits (although it
      allows for a range of obsolete codes including 3 character
      codes like CET)

What it doesn't permit is the "-" between the date elements that you
have identified above.

>> If the problem is an incorrect format, you can export the file to a
>> unix mailbox format, edit the format to correct it and then re-import
>> the message. If you are more daring you could edit the messages.tbb
>> file in the appropriate mail folder directly, but that is more risky.
>
> I don't really want to be messing about editing incoming emails, if the
> conversion is an error with the sender's data, then I'll inform them.

It seems to be

> On the other hand if the problem is with TheBat! then it needs
> reporting as a bug, I guess?

It seems not to be

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v4.0.11
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4