On Thursday, April 10, 2008, 11:15:29 PM, Michael J. Sharp wrote:

DC>> use common folders
> I am not sure I understand the concept of common folders, could you expand a
> bit.

common folders are just what the name implies. They are a tree of
folders which are not related to any particular account, but can
receive mail from any of them. If, for example, one gets mail from
some relatives in one account and others from another, one could have
a common family folder and filter mail from both accounts there.

DC>> get an IMAP account, and set it up to collect all your pop mail

> Could you suggest a free IMAP provider to test it out with TB?
> Last time I tried it was pretty flaky.

www.fastmail.net has a guest account which includes 10 mb of storage
and 40 mb monthly band width. I have never used their free services
and have no idea how intrusive any ads might be, but I've been totally
happy with their subscription services. I think there are a number of
fastmail subscribers on tb lists and I've never heard any complaints.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
316.303.9385  phone ahead to fax
dcorrin at fastmail.fm
photo galleries at http://dcorrin.smugmug.com
Using IMAP with The Bat! 4.0.20.2 on Windows Vista version 6,0 ()