On Mon 28-Apr-08 6:42am -0600, Peter Meyns wrote:
> Am 28.04.2008 00:41 schrieb Bill McCarthy:

>> Is there a limit on the number of items (this one has 24) in
>> a "contains any of"?

> I remember from some time ago that TB! gets problems with too many
> conditions in a filter. No-one could tell the exact limit, but it turned
> out to be a solution to use address book groups for this. So the filter
> only needs to check if an address is in a certain group instead of
> checking *all* conditions (addresses) every time. Maybe you can use this
> approach too.

Whether it searches a list or an address book doesn't appear
to raise performance issues.

I was surprised you mentioned address books (or groups),
given that I have generic names like @abc where I want to
catch [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I tried out your
suggestion but it didn't work.

My filter is working fine, but doesn't display for editing.
I edited the filter, by copying and pasting to my editor
another item to the list.  I pasted from my editor to the
Sorting Office and tried it out - perfect!

But this is a clumsey way to edit the Sorting Office :-)

Bill
TB! Pro 4.0.24  AntispamSniper 1.8.0.8  XP Pro SP2  POP3