On 03/07/2008 18:41:11, Rick wrote:
>> Hi Barry,
>
> B>> However, I've noticed that retrieving the graphics quite often slows
> to a B>> crawl, the connection manager regularly reports download speeds
> for the URL B>> 'links' as low as 15-30 cps, with TB! 'not responding'
> until the graphics or B>> whatever have been downloaded in full.
>
> B>> I suspected AntiSpamSniper for a while but switching that off didn't
> seem to B>> make any difference.
>
>> AntispamSniper definitely slows the process down, at least for me.
>
> B>> Can any one suggest any way that I might improve the speed of this
> process.
>
>> Not really, except don't use AntispamSniper, which I am considering.
>
> Hmmm I LIKE antispamsniper. I used antispam servant until it turned
> into adware even when you paid for it

Well, I've disabled/removed ASS and it hasn't made any improvement at all,
downloading links in HTML mail slows to a crawl, almost to the point of
freezing TB!, clicking on any part of TB's window causes the mouse pointer to
change to an hourglass and most times "not responding" pops up in the Title
Bar. After a while the links complete loading and then everything gets back
to normal.

So, for now,  I'm not convinced that ASS has anything to do with it.

--
Best regards
Barry

Using TheBat! version 4.0.24