Hallo monsell,

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:09:19 +0530GMT (9-7-2008, 5:39 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

M>> the command given to the sub-filter is "headers contain Z or text
M>> contains Z". the main filter X is commanded under "continue processing
M>> other filters".

>>> Why did you enable 'continue processing....'? That is not necessary
>>> to enable subfilters.

M> what does "continue processing with other filters" really do? as you
M> said, i have disabled this function from the respective filter.

'Continue processing....' lets messages that trigger a filter be
processed by other filters on the same level. Let's explain it with an
example:

FilterA
FilterB
  SubfilterJ
FilterC
  SubfilterK
  SubfilterL
  SubfilterM
FilterD
FilterE
  SubfilterN
FilterF
FilterG
FilterH
FilterI

In this filter tree FilterF and SufilterL have 'continue processing..'
enabled.
A message triggers A, all processing stops at A.
A message triggers B, it will be processed by B's subfilters and stops
afterwards, so it will be matched against J and stop then, whether it
triggers J or not.
A message triggers C and afterwards triggers K, it stops there.
A message triggers C and afterwards doesn't trigger K, but triggers L,
it will continue to M and stop there, whether it triggers M or not.
A message triggers F, it will be matched against GHI, until there is a
match or it has reached the last filter (I)

M> i just keep the filters the way i want to.

Please do so.
BTW You also sent this message to me via private mail. Please don't do
that to me. I prefer to keep these discussions public.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Veni, Vidi, VCR - I came, I saw, I videotaped it
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 4.0.24.27
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1
3 pop3 accounts
OTFE enabled
Quad Core 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM