Hi Code,
On Tue, 08 Jul 2008, at 11:06:13 [GMT -0700] (which was 20:06 where I live)
you wrote about: 'Some folders are slow to respond'

> I am experiencing a curious problem.  Over the last couple weeks, some
> of my e-mail folders have gotten very sluggish.  Clicking on old or
> new mail in these folders takes a few seconds to respond (the response
> used to be instant) and deleting mail takes a few more seconds (it
> also used to be instant).

> Compressing the folders doesn't help and my hard disk has almost no
> fragmentation.  According to Maintenance Centre, no folders are
> damaged.  The problem folders are small -- fewer than 1,000 messages
> and the messages.tbb files are less than than 10MB.  Interestingly,
> folders with more than 7,000 messages and messages.tbb files of nearly
> 2GB are still lightning fast.

> Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Any solutions?

Have you tried to the messages to a new folder and see how the speed
of that new folder then is?
It may be corruption in the folder file.

And do you have messages with large attachments in the folder ?

--
Robert van der Hulst
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 4.0.24.27 on Windows Vista.6.0.6001 Service Pack 1