Hi Alto (do you sing in the opera?),

Please forgive my humor!  The great Marian Anderson was an alto.  I think
Christa (Krista?) Ludwig from Germany (as I recall) was an alto, also.

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:37:44 -0600, you wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>

>> Is there a way to have TB synchonize THAT MESSAGE the moment I
>> select it? I believe that is how Evolution is set by default.
>
> It is already supposed to work this way.
>
> There is an option in "IMAP fine tune" named "When browsing, receive
> only msg text". Make sure this is disabled, it has never worked and
> causes excactly what you are seeing.

I will double-check that - thanks.

> You can manually force reloading a single message by selecting it and
> choosing "Reload" from the context menu.
>
> Apart from this, welcome to "IMAP TheBat Style".

Thank you.

BTW, on a tip from (another) friend in Germany, I just installed and tried
Opera's G2 mailer in IMAP.  It is the easiest to set up of all - even
simpler than Evolution - and it works great!!!!   Try it.  Its
implementation seems brilliant and user-friendly.

>> A second question - if my synchronizing is set at "message headers and
>> text," will it also at least alert me that there is an attachment, so
>> I will know to then do a full synchronization for that message?
>
> In theory, yes, and you will not have to synchronize manually because
> the new message should be retrieved automatically on selection. Again,
> in theory.

Ok.  Thank you.  These little glitches and detailed settings in TB (and
even more so in Mulberry) makes it less user-friendly than some (like
Evolution and Opera M2).  Thunderbird is equally complex to properly set
up.

Thanks for writing.

Bob