Hallo Martin,

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:07:28 -0600GMT (3-9-2008, 6:07 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

OMM> I'm trying to figure out how to get a filter to work.  I subscribe to
OMM> something that sends a number of things, and you can't select what you
OMM> want and what you dont.

That should pose no problem.

OMM> I'm looking to have a filter say:

OMM> If SENDER is [EMAIL PROTECTED] delete the message
OMM> Unless SUBJECT is SUBJECT THAT I WANT

The should be:
Condition:
Sender is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AND Subject does not contain "what I want"
Action:
Delete the message.

OMM> I tried doing the first as the filter and the second as a sub filter,
OMM> no luck.

That would be a no go. After the first filter the message would be
deleted and afterwards you cannot undelete it.

OMM> I tried doing the second as a part of the main filter, also
OMM> no go.

Then you've probably done something wrong.

OMM> Any help appreciated!

Copy the text of this filter and paste it into your sorting office.
That should give you an idea how it should look like:

$$$$ TB! Message Filter $$$$
beginFilter
UID: [1F082088.01C90DA8.724EDF21.6FA7E3A9]
Name: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Filter: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
IsActive
Ignore
endFilter

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Taglines: bumper stickers for computer nerds.
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 4.0.32.2
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1
3 pop3 accounts
OTFE enabled
Quad Core 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM