Hello Ian,

> G'day Tim,

->> On Sunday, September 28, 2008, 10:00:38 AM, you (Tim Hamm) wrote:

TH>> Hello TBUDL,

TH>>   My confirm receipt and reading confirmation is useless. It has
TH>>   never worked. Are there any fixes for this. My Outlook works
TH>>   like a champ but not so with TB.

> I have been (trying) to follow this thread, but nothing seems to be
> clear.

> From my point of view, I have sent over a dozen e-mails since this was
> reported where I have requested a reading receipt and I have received
> a reading receipt from the recipients.

> During this time I have also received around 6 messages where the
> sender has requested a reading receipt. I have my system prompt me,
> and I have it set to send one immediately rather than queue them in
> the Outbox. All reading receipts that I have allowed have gone through
> fine. Nothing has been left in the Outbox.

> So maybe this needs to be clarified.

> What is the situation that prompted this thread?

> Is The Bat! requesting a reading receipt and one is not being
> received? If this is the case, then it has nothing to do with The Bat!
> and everything to do with the receiving system or recipient. They
> receiving system may be blocking such requests (I have a relative
> working for the Defence Department and the request for a reading
> receipt is stripped off incoming messages), or the recipient might
> have their system set to ignore such requests or is not sending them
> on an individual basis. In either case there is nothing that The Bat!
> can do.

> Is The Bat! not sending reading receipts? If this is the case then the
> settings to respond to such a request have to be set correctly. The
> Bat! has to be set to automatically send a receipt without asking, or
> it has to be set to ask and then it must be allowed on an individual
> basis.

> Is The Bat! queuing them in the the Outbox? If this is the case then
> reading receipts need to be set to send them immediately.

> Is there something else that is going wrong?

  I can appreciate what you are saying, from what I know on my end,
  these features have never worked as long as I have had TB. I would
  think by now of the thousands of emails I have sent, at least one
  recipient's email client should be able to send read receipts.

 Tim Hamm                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]