On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM, MFPA <expires2...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> As it looks like you are using address book templates, why not use the
> %TO="address(es)" macro to put whatever you want in the To field?
>
> For example, Joe has two email addresses, us...@example.com and
> us...@example.net.
>
> You store them in the same AB entry on different lines (so that TB!
> finds the AB entry and uses the reply template, and also so that you
> only have to change the template in one AB entry if Joe changes one or
> both email addresses - or adds a third).
>
> In your reply template in that AB entry, you include the text:-
>
> %To="Joe (Work) <us...@example.com>,Joe (Home) <us...@example.net>"
>

> Would that do what you require, or have I completely misunderstood?

This is the result I get.

"Joe (Work)" <us...@example.com>, Joe (Work)<us...@example.com>,Joe
(home)<us...@example.com>

I am content to let this thread die. Thanks to everyone for their
help. I learned a few things, like: I should pay attention to the
miscellaneous macros <grin>.

I have a workable solution: two address entries. Not particularly
onerous, as I have very few friends who meet both of the following
conditions: 1) more than a single e-mail address and 2) are known by
something other than their first name, e.g. Henry is known as Skipper,
but I do not want Skipper to be his first name in the address book.

Cheers for now.
--
Leonard S. Berkowitz
Reply to leonard.s.berkowitz....@alumni.upenn.edu