Hi

On Wednesday 1 April 2009 at 4:44:04 PM, in
<mid:1485950832.20090401164...@winchmore.com>, Nick Dutton wrote:

> New contacts in my address book are created with the
> display name field set to user-defined.

I wish I could get that. I have to change it from "prefix first middle
last, suffix" whenever I create a new contact.

> Does anyone know if there is: - a way to set the
> default?

I have never found one.

> - a way to set all of my contacts to a
> particular display name format?

Apart from one at a time, not to my knowledge. Mass edit of address
properties has the option greyed out.

> Right now there's a horrible mix of first name and last
> name sorting that I'm trying to resolve.

Doesn't view / Sort by... take care of that?

MFPA

Versifiers write poems for it.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600