On Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 8:46:19 PM, MFPA wrote:

MFPA> What are you putting in the from line?

I tried various options: just the plain email address, using name with
the email address or simply copying the whole UserID. Nothing helped.

MFPA> I just created a test key with a secondary user ID of
MFPA> "GSWoT:UA16 (www.gswot.invalid) <golovn...@gswot.invalid>" and then
MFPA> composed a message with "golovn...@gswot.invalid" on the from line.
MFPA> When I put the message in the outbox a dialog box asked me for the
MFPA> passphrase for the Key ID of that test key.

I did some testing too. Created a test key. Tried to sign with it.
Worked. Added another ID with a different email address. Tried to
sign. Worked with both addresses. Added and tested a few more
addresses. At one point got the same error as before: TB! would ask
for passphrase for the email address rather than the key and then said
that the secret key was not found. I then tried to play with the
primary UID for the key: changing them one after another. Finally, the
problem was fixed and I was able to have TB! work well with all these
UIDs, including the one that had problems before.

However, when I tried to do something similar on my default key
(adding another UID, playing with the primary UID and then finally
deleting the test UID), at no point it fixed my problem. So, go
figure...

I guess, the best thing to fix this would be just to add a macro to
TB! allowing you to manually choose the KeyID to be used for signing.

Robert G.