Greetings, all --

Longtime Eudora user here who had Eudora crash on her one too many
times and finally decided to take the leap to a new client that's
still being supported. I've spent some time playing with settings and
got a lot of my issues tamed. But I still have a few outstanding. Can
you help, or point me to where to look?

(using The Bat! v.4.2.12.4 on Win XP SP 3)

(1) Is there any way to replicate the Eudora method of having
double-clicked messages open in the same pane as the message list
(that is, not a separate window)? I don't like using the preview pane
because of spam avoidance (both HTML bugs and just having to see the
stupid things at all), but those extra taskbar buttons for each
message really take up a lot of space.

(2) Speaking of spam . . . am I really stuck with having to purchase
an extra plug-in in order to get the same junk filtering that Eudora
provided as part of the package? (Or are there freebies that I'm not
seeing?)

(3) I'm also strongly used to keeping messages in ascending order, and
Eudora would always open a message list with the last (newest) message
visible at the bottom. The Bat! is making me scroll down every time,
and I can't figure out how to change this. Am I doomed to force myself
to get used to using descending order (which I hate as much as top
posting)?

I think that's all for now. Thanks much for any light you can shed.

Regards,
Amy J. Schneider
a...@featherschneider.com
who hasn't had time to set up sig templates yet