We do have some Clients with 4.2.18, 1 with 4.2.9 and about 6 with 2.x.

Now we want to upgrade all clients to the latest version (4.2.23).
But an ugly problem seems to manifest with this version (or any other version _higher_ than 4.2.18):

Somehow, not clearly reproducible but definitely existing, TB 4.2.23 will not "start through". It seems to be connected to any mouse-move or mouse-click action. Sounds strange, I know :)
But I am just telling what I registered so far...

Say there is a shortcut to TB on the desktop, selecting that shortcut and then pressing ENTER *never* results to a hang-on-startup.

If, instead of pressing ENTER, the shortcut is executed by double-clicking the mouse, quite often TB will hang at startup.

A process "thebat.exe" is created, but nothing happens. Also TB cannot be started at all any longer on that machine. Other apps keep running fine. The only thing that helps is either logging off from the system, or killing the process "thebat.exe" in the taskmanager.

Happens on _all_ clients that have upgraded to 4.2.23.
Does not happen on any client using 4.2.9, 4.2.18, or 2.x

please advise (I had a hard time convincing our boss to buy TB instead of using Outlook and don't want to have that decision revised, because TB _is_ the best solution for us).

ciao,
André