Hi Jack!

> I have no idea why an icon is created instead of a text string
> showing the date but I would love to know. Something in the regex perhaps?

That's simply because the RegEx doesn't work correctly for filenames
anymore. I suggest you write a bug report. (But Roelof mentioned it is
a know problem somehow.)

If you run the RegEx in a new message template, it puts in the date as
expected and it should do the same for the backup filename.

> This apparently solves my original problem and I can run with it
> but it sure would be neat if TB! created a new, different backup
> instead of overwriting the existing one.

It strange that TB! overwrite a file without a filename (I don't call
an extension a filename :-)) but doesn't do it with a file.

But if I look at your version number the regex might only work with a
later version of TB!

--
Regards,
Raymund