On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Suvarna Ayyagari wrote:

> I do the following operations in jtclsh. The phonetest is one of our
> applications which we have written.
>

> set res [java::new phonetest.ResManager]

This is really just a style issue, but you can use String instead
of java.lang.String. That might make you code a little shorter.
All classes in the java.lang package are imported automatically
and you can import new classes with the java::import command.

> set object1 [java::new java.lang.String "phonetest.phone.gsm.GSMPhone"]
> set interface1 [java::new java.lang.String "EMMI"]
> set socket1 [java::new java.lang.String "socket 136.182.32.237 7020"]
> set config [java::new java.util.Properties]
> $config put $interface1 $socket1
> set phone [$res createPTFObject 1 $object1 $config]
> set phone [java::cast phonetest.phone.gsm.GSMPhone $phone]
> $phone open $config
>
> Uptill this point, everything works fine
>
> It is on this line that I get the crash
> $phone close

The JVM is using SIGUSER1 here to send signals between
threads. This is not a crash. You should set gdb to
ignore this signal and just deliver it to the application.

You can query the signals settings using the "info signals"
command in gdb.

You should be able to set gdb to send SIGUSR1 to the
program with the following command.

handle SIGHUP pass noprint nostop

Try that and see if you get a crash.

Mo DeJong