Sarita, you need to actually subscribe to the mailing list by sending
a "subscribe" mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Hi,
>
> I get the ambigous method signature error when I try
> to initialise an ORB thru TclBlend. Effectively
> I am doing the following in Java
>
> Porperties props = new Properties();
> props.put( "org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB")
> _orb = ORB.init( (String[]) null, props );
>
> ambiguous method signature, could not choose between {init
> java.applet.Applet java.util.Properties} {init {java.lang.String[]}
> java.util.Properties}
>         while executing
>     "java::call org.omg.CORBA.ORB init [java::cast java.lang.String[]
> [java::null]] $properties"

This one we can blame on Tcl. Tcl thinks that the following is legal.

% set var []

This would set the variable "var" to the empty string. (Frankly, this
seems like an error to me but I do not know how likely it would
be to get the core folks to change it).

In your case, you tried to cast to java.lang.String[], which is the
right idea except the [] gets replaced by "" so the cast was
actually to java.lang.String not java.lang.String[].

You could put an extra pair of {} around the java.lang.String[] so
the the [] would not get replaced by "", or you could use a fully
qualified method signature. You can also use the java::import
command the shorten up some of those long class names.

java::import org.omg.CORBA.ORB
java::call ORB init [java::cast {String[]} [java::null]] $properties

or

java::import org.omg.CORBA.ORB
java::call ORB {init String[] Properties} [java::null] $properties

I hope that helps
Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.