Hi,

I've been using Tcl/Tk heavily for several yers, java to some extent,
and I'm
currently investigating Expect for testing purposes. Since we will be
interfacing a bunch of simulators (separate Unix processes) and real
targets (dedicated hardware) from
the same test system as we also want to test bits and pices of java
code,
it sounds ideal to put Expect and TclBlend together (haven't tried it
yet, though).

But even at this stage I forsee a problem: How do I make a stream (used
for
internal communication between two java threads) available in the tcl
environment
for Expect to listen on?

As far as I understand, I really need the actaul stream in order to use
Expect.
If I do a work-around using, e.g., event generation in java, I can
implement
an Expect like behaviour within tcl. But I don't want to re-implement
Expect...

I've tried to find similar questions in your archive, but they don't
adress
the actual exporting of a stream, thye propagate java stream output by
other means.

Yours,

Peter Loborg