From: Mo DeJong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 7:19 PM
To: Dennis Graham
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Tcl Java] Tclblend_init

> I am trying to set some properties via the following line
> in my test script.  However, it appears that it is being
> parsed incorrectly.  I am I doing this right?
>
> set tclblend_init

"-Djava.naming.factory.initial=foo -Djava.naming.provider.url=rmi://test_dr1
> :1099"

Are you setting this variable before calling "package require java"?
If so, what are the value you get from the JVM? Also, you are running
this with JDK 1.2 or newer right? It does not work with a 1.1 JDK.

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.