On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Levine Justin-p94702 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was using JDK 1.3, but it still wasn't working properly.  I gave up and
> just started using the Runtime class.
> Thanks.

I have never tested it under 1.3. The exec class has this huge hack
in it to get around the fact that the exec() did not let you
tell the system what directory to run the command from. There
is no chdir() in Java, so the combo of these things makes it
next to impossible to exec() correctly from a JVM. The new
exec() API in 1.3 should fix this. Why don't you fix up
the ExecCmd.java file for Jacl and send in a patch?

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc