This is needed to make TclBlend work well with multi-threaded Tcl.  One
should not assume the same Java env for all threads.  In order for TclBlend
to work correctly under multi-threaded condition, most of the globals used
currently need to be changed into one copy per interpreter/thread.  This is
true for both the Java side and C side.  The only globals you can have are
constants and mutexes.

This code about push/popping the global Java environment is not designed for
multiple threads.  We should not be using it if we want to make TclBlend
work under multiple threads.

> Would anyone really pitch a fit if we required threaded Tcl?
> If it is a problem, speak up now.

I don't like it, but I can live with it.  It is not just Tcl.  We need to
take the various extensions into consideration.  I use Tcl and TclBlend with
extensions that are C based.  These extensions that are not designed or
tested under a multi-threaded environment.  I have a higher confidence level
in using the non-threaded Tcl with these extensions.

-- Jiang Wu
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]